DC4ME PLUS provides D.C. government employees mortgage assistance in the form of a zero percent deferred subordinate loan. Qualified District government employees can receive a reduced interest rate first trust mortgage, with the option of three percent down payment assistance.
DC4ME PLUS is offered to current full-time District Government employees, including employees of District Government-based Instrumentalities, Independent Agencies, District of Columbia Public Charter Schools, and organizations, provided the applicant/borrower’s employer falls under the oversight of the Council of the District of Columbia.
- Must be a first time homebuyer, having had no ownership interest in a primary residence during the most recent three year period and no ownership interest in any property of any type at the time of settlement.
- At least one borrower must be a current full-time District Government employee, including employees of District Government-based Instrumentalities, Independent Agencies, District of Columbia Public Charter Schools, and Organizations, provided the applicant/borrower’s employer falls under the oversight of the Council of the District of Columbia.
- DC4ME Eligible Employers List
- Maximum household income may not exceed 120 percent Area Median Income (AMI)
- Maximum loan amount may not exceed $484,350
- Maximum sales price may not exceed $525,000
- Borrower must have a minimum credit score of 640
- Borrower may not have a Debt to Income ratio that exceeds 50 percent
- At least one borrower must take a Homebuyer Education Class and provide proof of completion to DCHFA
- Can I combine DC4ME PLUS with other District home purchase assistance programs?
Yes. Applicants may combine DC4ME PLUS with other District home purchase assistance programs, if eligible including: the District of Columbia Employer Assisted Housing Program (EAHP) and the District of Columbia Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP).
- Can I have a co-signor?
No. Co-signors are not accepted for the DC4ME PLUS program.
- How long do I have to have worked for District Government before I qualify?
There is no minimum tenure to qualify for DC4ME PLUS; however, you must show proof of your employment start. DCHFA will not accept offer letters as proof of employment.
- How do I know if my instrumentality, independent agency, or organization qualifies for the program?
Check this list of qualifying D.C. Government Agencies/Entities. The list of agencies/entities is subject to change at any time without notice per updates made by the Council of the District of Columbia and posted on its website.