Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for the Redesign and Maintenance of the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency’s Website
The District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency (the "Agency") requests proposals for the redesign and maintenance of the Agency’s website. The Agency is seeking to change the appearance and improve the usability, structure and the content of its website. All proposals should factor in the use of the latest website technology. The information and instructions set forth below are designed to solicit responses that will demonstrate your firm’s capability, approach, and commitment to satisfying the Agency’s requirements. Each firm is requested to submit its most competitive offer.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Thursday July 6, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. (ET). Proposals must be received at 815 Florida Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001 on or before the deadline. All questions regarding the RFP should be sent by e-mail to FMakle@dchfa.org. Updates and answers to all questions are considered official guidance and will be posted on DCHFA’s website.
All proposal packages should be clearly marked “Redesign and Maintenance of the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency’s Website” so that it can be segregated from other mail.
The telephone number for the Agency is (202) 777-1600.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
- We were wondering, though, if your team has a ball-park budget you're working with for this project. Having a rough idea of the investment the Agency is prepared to make gives us more of a framework for strategizing solutions and putting together accurate (and feasible) ideas, especially for the technical approach. Of course, we completely understand if you'd prefer not to disclose. Also we've found that a phone conversation is the best way for us to really get a sense of a project, so I wanted to see if you or someone else from the Agency would be available to jump on a brief call to discuss your priorities for this redesign in detail.
The Agency has budgeted $20,000 for this project. All questions will be answered in writing and posted to this site to provide access to all questions and answers to everyone that is interested in this RFP.
- Whether companies from Outside USA can apply for this? (like,from India or Canada)
Companies located outside of the United States are permitted to apply.
- Whether we need to come over there for meetings?
The firm selected for this contract will be required to meet with DCHFA staff on several occasions. DCHFA will not pay travel costs for these meetings. All travel costs are the responsibility of the vendor.
- Can we perform the tasks (related to RFP) outside USA? (like, from India or Canada)
The tasks may be performed outside of the United States however in-person meetings are required per the previous question.
- Can we submit the proposals via email??
DCHFA does not accept proposals via email.
- Are the currently parent and child page going to remain the same? Are their additional pages you are wanting added to the website?
The content of the current parent and child page will remain the same for some areas of the site. However, per the Scope of Services in the RFP the selected vendor is asked to evaluate the site and make recommendations regarding the current content and how and if it should be changed. This also applies to adding new or removing pages from the site.
- Are we doing a photo shoot for digital media on this site or are you providing that?
DCHFA will provide photos as well as commission photo shoots with the Agency’s photographer as needed for the site. Stock photos will also be used on the site.
- Will we be a retained content strategist for this website?
The firm awarded this contract will be retained for training of DCHFA staff and maintenance of the site.
- What are your objectives to the website? Informative?
The objectives are outline in the RFPs Scope of Services.
- Any additional features you are looking for that are not currently being utilized on the website?
The desired features are outlined in the RFPs Scope of Services.
- Is there a preference for the content management system to be used in the project ? Are you open to open source software (Saw a mention of Microsoft products in the RFP )?
The Agency does not have a CMS preference. The Agency does not wish to use open source software.
- What other internal/external IT systems or software will this website integrate with?
The website will need to integrate with the Agency’s Multifamily Lending application, Facebook and Twitter.
- Phase II – How many estimated number of template pages?
The number of pages will be determined as a part of the evaluation of the site by the firm awarded this contract as outlined in the Scope of Services.
- Item C.3 – Any other system we will need to integrate here?
At this time, the Agency has not identified any other system to integrate in regards to Item C.3.
- Item C.8 – Approx. how many pages featuring agency trainings and webinars?
At this time the Agency has not determined the number of pages in regards to Item C.8. The firm awarded this contract may make recommendations regarding the number of pages as a part of the evaluation of the site as outlined in the Scope of Services.
- Item D – How many stock images, videos, podcasts, animations are expected?
At this time the Agency has not determined the number of stock images, videos, podcasts, animations that will be used on the site. The firm awarded this contract may make recommendations in regards to stock images, videos, podcasts, animations following its evaluation of the site as outlined in the Scope of Services.
- Is there a set budget or a ceiling for this project?
The Agency has budgeted $20,000 for this project.
Can sole proprietorship be allowed to bid on this project? Sole proprietorships may submit proposals for this project.
Can you tell us more about the current website infrastructure? Are you using a CMS? How do you manage the daily web updates on the current site? What CMS, if any, are you currently using? The site is built using Dotnetnuke CMS. The public relations manager and/or the Agency’s website host support staff manages the daily updates.
Can you specify the extent of the integration with the different 3rd parties services such as Eventbrite? The Agency uses Eventbrite to market and register people for its monthly seminars. Currently hyperlinks to the event pages is the only use of Eventbrite on DCHFA’s website.
If you rule out using open source CMS should we assume the cost of licensing the new CMS will be added to the web re-design's budget ($20k)? The costs of licensing the new CMS will be added to the web re-design if warranted by DCHFA.
What's your desired time frame for the completion of the website? The submission of a timeline is requested as a component of the proposal per the RFP’s Scope of Services.
Can you please specify exactly what "Background Information" the Agency requires for this submission? The RFP mentions Articles of Incorporation and Certificate of Good Standing. Are there others that are suggested or required?
Background information should include all items noted in the RFP. Applicants may also submit any other information that the applicant feels conveys and describes the services provided by their firm, such as an executive summary and/or mission statement. This additional background information does not replace the requirement to submit Articles of Incorporation and Certificate of Good Standing.
24. Will you require documents that are redundant with CBE documentation? Will CBE status suffice for this requirement?
Per section VII of the RFP “Any company or contractor seeking to submit a bid response or proposal as a CBE must submit its CBE number and a copy of the letter(s) of certification issued by the DLSBD.”