REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (“RFP”)
BOND UNDERWRITING & INVESTMENT BANKING SERVICES
The District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency (the “Agency” or “DCHFA”) requests proposals from qualified firms meeting the minimum qualifications interested in providing bond underwriting services, investment banking services, and other related services to DCHFA for future debt financings, refinancing, as well as restructurings of outstanding debt during the term of the contract. DCHFA intends to establish a slate of qualified firms from which the Agency may select to serve on specific transactions by selecting a pool of firms eligible to initially serve as senior managers and a pool of firms eligible to serve as co-managers on all financings during the contract period. The information and instructions set forth below are designed to solicit responses that will demonstrate your company’s capability to satisfy the Agency’s requirements. Each company is requested to submit its most competitive offer.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Monday, November 6, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. (ET).
Five (5) copies of the proposal must be received at 815 Florida Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001 on or before the deadline.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RFP
Companies may submit questions related to this RFP in writing or by e-mail no later than noon on Monday, October16, 2017 (ET). All questions shall be sent to Keami Estep, Procurement Manager at email@example.com. No oral proposals or oral modifications of proposals will be considered.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
- We are interested in serving DCHFA as a co-manager. Regarding Section G (Ability to design an approach and work plan to meet project requirements), Questions #2 – 7: as these particular questions seem more applicable to firms interested in serving as senior manager, can firms interested only in serving DCHFA as a co-manager be excused from answering these questions (2-7)?
- Please clarify whether Quotation of Rates for Underwriting Services will be considered as part of the RFP evaluation. (RFP on pg. 7, under “C. Quotation of Rates—1. Underwriting Services” states “DCHFA services relating to underwriting . . . will be negotiated on an individual basis at the time of financing and will not be scored as part of this evaluation”. But on pg. 14, under “Method of Evaluation”, “Quotation of Rates” is given 25 points.)
Quotation of Rates for Underwriting Services will not be considered as part of the evaluation criteria. Please see revised RFP with updated Evaluation Criteria.
- What is the variable rate secondary market placement fee?
Fees, if any, relating to tender and or marketing the variable rate debt.
- For question D.4., please confirm that this question should refer to our firm’s housing group rather than our public utility specialty group.
- For question E, can we include additional team members (i.e., three bankers and one underwriter)?
- For question E.2., please confirm that we only need to provide contact information for our references and not reference letters.
Yes, there’s no need to provide reference letters. However please make sure to include name, organization, phone number and email address for all references provided.
- Please confirm that we do not need to supply a certificate of insurance as part of our final proposal.
A copy of your current certificate of insurance should be included in your proposal.
- In section VII (6), is a draft form of the contract expected to be signed upon appointment available for review?
- For section C(2) Remarketing Services, for purposes of #3 and #4 (Variable Rate Underwriting and Placement Fee), is the assumption that the fee should reflect:
a. Syndicate or sole managed transaction?
For sole managed transactions.
b. VRDBs, Commercial Paper or both?
- With respect to line of credit and/or liquidity needs, what would the primary security for such a facility be?
Please provide responses assuming it will be backed by (1) the issuer’s credit “A” and (2) “AA” credit by parity indenture.